Thursday, May 14, 2009

DawDy OutFit + TripS To MaLL = Major MisFit

Mum :- Sham, please change your clothes and hurry up. Appa will be waiting..

Me :- No need to change la Mummy... Just to go n pick up also wanna change ah? Im only sitting outside the airport rite?

Mum :- Still, change la.. At least change your tshirt.. Don't wear sleeping tshirt all and follow me.. 

Me : Ish.. no need la.. Nobody's gonna see me.. 

Note to Myself :- Next time, listen when mummy asks to change... Stop being lazy and stubbotn, sham...

After dropping Arrwin in tuition, we went to pick up my dad who then, suggested we go and have dinner... 

*checks my clothes* <-- Still acceptable to eat in mamak shops... 

Dad :- Where you all wanna eat? Arrwin's tuition's finishing at what time???

Mum :- 10pm only.. Now still early...

Dad :- You wanna go back home and come back ah? No need la..Go to Queensbay..Can eat and kill time there...

Me :- Yeah la mummy, we'll go to Queensbay.. Long time since i when...

Mum :- But you're wearing like this??? That's why i told you to change rite...

And that's when reality struck me right on my face!!!

ALERT ALERT!!! Sleeping tshirt and shorts with slippers to Queensbay???? Ahhh SHAM, majot majot fashion alert....

Well, to be truthful, i dont really mind going out like that.. It's way more comfy but i wished i had worn at least a more presentable tshirt than the self-tiedyed-old tshirt i had on...

Seeing that it was my mum's bday and dad just came back from his lecture, both of them had nice clothes on..

So, it was Sham being the LONE RANGER in PLANET DRESS DAWDY!!!

In Queensbay Mall

Then came the BEST PART... We finished our dinner and we had to "tapau" food for Arrwin.. This means, it was down to me to carry the plastic bag..  

As if one pink plastic bag filled with styrefoam wasnt's enough, my dad had to buy pizza and there went my right hand, carrying that bag as well..

Poor poor me.. *pets myself*

Walking in Queensbay, beside my mum who was wearing some new clothes, looking so dressed down, hair also tak sikat, with plastic bags in both my hands... The fact that my mum was laughing didnt help either...

Even more humiliating was when it was time to go back and we had to take the escalator..

I CANNOT TAKE THE ESCALATOR!!!

I AM SUFFERING FROM ESCALATOR-O-PHOBIA!!!

Me :- Mummy, come this side la..The life is there...

Dad :- The escalator is here.. Where are you two going?

Mummy :- She wants to take the life...

Dad :- Shamini you have to learn to use the escalator. Don't act stupid...

Me :- *blushing like a red tomato* 

Well, all the scoldings in the world can never help me overcome my escalator-0-phobia.. So, it was back to the lift..

In the car

Dad :- She must learn la. Its all in the mind.. *bla bla bla*  And please ah, learn to way something more decent when you come out of the house..

OPPS!!! There goes my day.... *sigh*

*Fashion Police, ARREST ME!!!*

4 comments:

gobi said...

its ok , many indonesian maid also dress like that :P


word verification : pucton

VG said...

Hahahaha... Similiar experience i had before (not once, so many times. But i am still da same.. :P )


I'm still laughing la. aduhai.. :P

ChoCaFeInoHoLiC said...

gobi :- oiiiiii... its bad enough that the pizza guy chose to pass me the bag instead of my parents, n now ur confirming eh.. *sob sob*

viji :- hehehe.. not bad, at least now i can console myself since u had similar experience too.. :P

Ming Siew said...

Don't worry, Shamini. I'm also not a big fan of dressing up. Only difference is that I choose to remain in the car when I know I'm in my PJ's :p. My mom has banned me from hanging out with her when I'm not dressed up LOL.

Fashion police should arrest me too. HAHAHA! Going to uni in slippers, shorts and t-shirt (summer) OR track suit, t-shirt and jacket (autumn/winter). Sometimes I don't even bring a bag. Just go there with a notebook and a couple of pens in my pocket....uh, student card and house keys.