Wednesday, February 07, 2007

StaRtLiNg NiTe...Or ShouLd I SaY MorNiNg.... :P

As i lay on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, in the midst of the dark listening to my fren's ongoing rambling, sudden out of the blues, a certain white movement caught my eyes... what could that be? i kept mum...could that be what i thought it was? a Chilly AuRa wrapped the room.. i glanced at my roomie who was silently sleeping... in the pitch darkness, all i could c was that white thing moving vigourously... oh y y y?? y didnt she close the windows? on the other hand, i could hear my fren’s voice calling out to me on phone.. but the sudden chillness made me numb.. telling that ill be back, i stole a glance at my watch n realised it was 6am.. what had my grandma say bout ghosts? *flashback* Grandma's words :- "dont worry, darls.. ghosts only invade the earth at midnight till sun rise..." well, 6am is past sunrise.. though i could not c even a ray of the eye of the sky, i mustered every single ounce of courage i ever had n bravely walked towards the window... with my countenance flat on the icy window, i sighed in relieve... it was not like what i had expected... in fact, nothing even close to it.. it was SNOW yes... pure white snow... that was falling from the sky, covering the grounds with a white carpet so beautiful that it was fit for a princess to parade on... such a sight to behold... never have i seen such a weather..it was finally finally snowing so heavily... as i snuggled back with Mr.Bed, i couldnt help but laugh at my own stupidity... how puerile... haha... cant help it.. a person who has a dictionary thick phobias is prune to act with such stupidity... Me :- dei, it was the snow la da.. never ever everr seen it snow like this.. so much of snow (estet betul la - thanks lyn n dyan.. kekeke) Mr.X :- hahaha... ok ok chilll Me :- dei reallyyyyy la.. sooo much u know.. u wana c or not? Mr.X :- ok ok show *giving a free snow show* Mr.X :- wow saljiiii wei saljiiiii (hahaha.. estateness rubbed of wei)... Me :- hahaha i told ya... (grining happily) *ring ring* Mummy :- Shamini good morninggg... Me :- mummy mummy snowing so heavily la today... Mummy :- yes ah.. ok make sure u wear thick clothes..close ur head..cover ur hands ..lalalala..(never ending concern) Me :- aiks.. come online mummy..i show u... *once again a snow show* - the weatherman ought to thank me for promoting his creations... kakakaka

It was about 9am…as I was lazily hanging on the phone, the unimaginable took place… a sudden ear piercing siren broke the silence of the morning… what on the world was that? I turned to c my roomie waking up in a jiffy looking all startled… for a moment, it was utter silence…

Could that be what I thought it was? Fire alarm? On a snow day? For the first time, it is snowing so heavily, n a FIRE??? R u kidding me? Nothing,,, I repeat NOTHING would make me go out in that chilly weather… I rather be burnt to ashes..(metaphorically speaking)

Gosh this is by far the worst time to have a fire drill… while I rushed to the door, Lina stopped me…

Lina :- Lets get dressed first..You’ll froze to death if u go out in shorts n flip flops..

Haha.. imagine a fire outbreak n here we r.. getting dressed in long pants n boots…. Just for confirmation, I stepped out.. n true enough, the entire hallway was deserted.. ok..doom day was getting more n more visible…we rushed out n down the stairs…

Opening the door, n trust me.. gosh!!! The one gush of wind n I could c hell rite in front of me…. As we stepped out, I was covered with snow… but wait.. haha..

WE WERE DA ONLY 2 OUT THERE!!!

Yes… the only 2 gals standing out under the snow.. other ppl were just getting in n out of the bus, going to classes n there we stood..like 2 stooges..staring at them… fark the fire alarm as it went off again…

Lol…staggering back amidst the snow, we reached the door oni to realize that neither of us had our I-Cards with us to swipe the door open… gosh… so there we stood waiting for ne kind angel to come.... dripping in snow..when Lina said something..

Lina :- well, I don’t have the card but I have a key though…

Dayum.. we burst into fits of laughter.. how on earth could a key open a swipe card door.. lol… laughing n laughing till we finally reached our rooms, I realized sthing… nothing like a sudden fire drill on a snowy day to make me feel so fresh.. what with the spooky feeling in the beginning followed by endless laughter at the end, such a turmoil of events…

While I got back to my conversation n related the story to Mr.X, I watched the snow fall.. thicker n thicker, chilling the air at the same time, chilling my thoughts

*Kiddies Day OuT*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, funny. Nice way to start a day tho.
You really don't wanna know how bad a day could start, seriously.

ChoCaFeInoHoLiC said...

trust me gurl.. i have had days starting with a whole lot of tears.. still having them actually... hehe.. this is just one of the few days i kinda luv.. hehehe...